Bethany International Ministries is the missionary outreach division of Bethany International, a community of believers in Jesus Christ whose purpose is to train and send missionaries.
In 1945, five couples in Minneapolis came together with a heart for victorious Christian living and worldwide evangelization. These families dedicated all they had to the Lord. To be more cost effective, they sold their homes, pooled their resources and organized Bethany International.
A large Minneapolis house became home and headquarters where the families lived together in the new “deeper life” and missionary training center, which began classes in October, 1945. The group soon outgrew the 30-room house and moved to a 57-acre farm in the suburb of Bloomington in June, 1948.
The Bible and Missionary Training Institute (now Bethany College of Missions) officially began in October, 1948 and has since trained hundreds of missionaries and other Christian workers. Early graduates of the school served with various mission agencies. Then, in 1963, through the vision of graduates serving in Brazil, Bethany International Ministries was formed.
Bethany International Ministries focuses on evangelism, discipleship, church planting and mobilizing the national church for missions. Bethany is a member of GlobeServe, an international partnership of missionary training and sending churches and organizations, as well as a member of the The Mission Exchange (formerly the Evangelical Fellowship of Mission Agencies).